Friday, May 13, 2011

Signs of the End Time

In case you missed it, the world might be ending soon (May 21st, to be precise). With this in mind, our atomic clock has been going crazy. About a week ago, we noticed that it was off by a few hours, although the minute hand was still correct. This means it was still pretty functional in my mind, because I am rather anal about knowing what time it is, and the minute hand is what I look at most often, since I am generally aware of the hour.

Then yesterday, I heard what I thought was was either the stove clicking or a phone vibrating, but what turned out to be our atomic clock speeding through time. The minute hand was going around about twice as fast as the second hand normally would. Then it stopped very definitively at 8:04, although it was 4:30 in the afternoon. After this episode, it keep accurate but incorrect time (as in, a minute was a minute, an hour was an hour, etc.).

So that night, Tim changed it back to the correct time.But no avail. It was incorrect about 4 hours later.

Has anybody else seen signs of the end time?

No comments: