Thursday, September 25, 2008

Last night, around 4:30 in the morning, I felt Tim twitch in his sleep, then sit up suddenly. I groggily turned over and asked if something was wrong.

"A bug just crawled on me," he said calmly.

He didn't know how big it was, which was my main concern. He had just picked the bug off of him and threw it across the room (I suppose he possesses much better reflexes than I do, as I would have just screamed and swatted the thing.)

Well, there was no just going back to sleep immediately for me. On Sunday, I had seen the biggest cockroach I had ever seen crawling on our couch, and I couldn't get that image out of my head. (note: these are different than the little beetles we have an abundance of here.)

Then, about a minute later, we heard a chinging sound.

It turns out, Tim had thrown the cockroach into his change cup on the other side of the room, which has about a 3 inch diameter opening. How you can aim that well with a cockroach, I'll never know.

So, he took it outside and dumped out all the change to kill the guy, who ended up being about 2 inches long, about the same size as the one on our couch earlier.

There really wasn't any going to sleep at that point. Now thanks to my mouth guard, my mouth is open all night. Who knows what could crawl in there!

No comments: