Sunday, September 21, 2008

When I went to the dentist back in the middle of July, he told me I had been grinding my teeth, which is usually an indication on stress. I thought that might be plausible, as I was applying to grad schools, writing a thesis, planning a wedding, getting married, moving, and starting grad school all within the same year.

But, despite all of that being over, the grinding hasn't stopped. So three days ago I bought a mouth guard.

The first night, it kept waking me up. Then the dreams started.

Two nights ago, I had a dream that I was eating soy bacon. I was frustrated and grossed out because the bacon wouldn't break down. It turns out, I was actually just chewing my mouth guard.

Last night, it was a big wad of gum. Once again, I woke up chewing my mouth guard.

If this keeps up, it might cause more problems than it solves.

No comments: