Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I fully believe every person who meets the guidelines should vote.

With that being said, I do wish people would believe me when I tell them I'm registered to vote. A certain campaign has been by our apartment three times. Usually the conversation goes like this:

Them: Are you registered to vote?
Us: Yes
Them: Are you sure?
Us: Yes, quite sure
Them: Where did you do it?
Us: At the driver's license place.
Them: Did you receive a card?
Us: Yes
Them: Are you sure you know where to vote?
Us: Yes
Them: You vote at the school
Us: Right
Them: It says that on the card you should receive
Us: Got it
Them: You're sure you registered
Us: This is actually the third time you've been by to ask
Them: Where did you say that you registered?

The thing is, I'm not exaggerating...

but you can't be mean to someone who is supporting a cause you believe in. So, I'll probably have this conversation again (unless I spy their political sticker through the peep hole).

1 comment:

Tom Frase said...

Ask them if they go to church, and where, and how often, and if they went last Sunday. Or just start talking religion and they'll put an X in front of your apartment to warn others not to canvas here.