Saturday, March 26, 2011

March Madness

I really love March Madness. College basketball is my favorite sport in general, and I think the tournament is the best thing the sporting world has ever produced. The storylines, the buzzer beaters, the giants toppling, the four games going on at once, ahhh!

We're living in the heat of the UNC/Duke rivalry. It was especially fun this year, as both teams were really good. They played each other three times before the season, and could have played a fourth if Duke hadn't of lost in the Sweet Sixteen. I was a fan of JJ Redick in his day, so I've always aligned myself as a Duke fan. But last night we watched the game with other young couples from our church, most of whom were UNC alums, and since Tim is considering UNC.... well....don't tell my fellow Duke fans, but I think my allegiance switched. (Plus, I'm a little mad at Duke, because I had them winning the whole thing and they let me down. But I'll always love Coach K, who loves college basketball maybe a little more than I do, since he's stuck around all this time. I love a good story of loyalty. And I will also love JJ Redick, even though we're both married now.)

No comments: