Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The good and the bad

The bad: Time Warner cable did something and now we don't get the Oxygen network which means now we don't get SNAPPED, thus killing my fantasy in which I eat pizza for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and watch Snapped for six hours straight (except for a pause in which I check the mail and have received at least three letters).

The good: The only reason I know this is because UNCW canceled classes because of the rain, and then because of fall break, so I had time to watch television beyond the Thursday night golden hour.

The Creek of The Creek Apartments
The bad: Because of all this rain and closings (22 inches in 4 days!), I went stir crazy.

The good: This weekend was also Riverfest, so I got to fight through the same amount of people in an hour that I would normally have seen in a four day span. Plus, I purchased pumpkin barbeque sauce and jalapeno dill salsa, and they're both amazing.


The bad: Tim and I looked at our living room fan today and noticed it had an appalling amount of dust, and wondered why we hadn't noticed it in the (surely) months it had looked that way.

The good: I've also had time to notice all of the crazy little birds that comes to my porch bird restaurant. Cardinals, hummingbirds, finches, mourning doves, blue jays, and two or three kinds of sparrows have provided me endless entertainment.

The bad: Just like that, I've turned into a crazy bird lady. Or a 90 year old grandmother.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I was just thinking how cute and creative your posts are. Then I realized you're getting a masters in creative writing. You're quite successful, I'd have to say. :)