Saturday, September 11, 2010

September 11

Tim and I were talking yesterday about how we are among the youngest that will clearly remember the events of 9/11/01. We were in 10th grade. I'm sure people a few years younger understood and will remember, but around about fifth grade, the details get confusing. I vaguely remember the Oklahoma City Bombing; mostly, I remember my mom's reaction when it happened, and then eventually put the pieces together once they had a suspect.

I don't get tired of telling the story about how I found out the World Trade Center was attacked and how my day preceded. And that makes me glad that, at least for three years, I've lived in a community of story-tellers.

A picture of me in the 10th grade, with the wonderful Stephanie

On a less serious note, I'm also glad that I spent four years in an SEC community. I didn't know a ton when I was in high school, but I knew enough to decide on the University of Arkansas, so.....

No comments: