Thursday, September 23, 2010

He's just not that into you

It's taken me until my mid-20s, but I've figured you out, Fall. Everyone loves you because you're beautiful and a nice change of pace. Suddenly we can open our windows and keep your perfume throughout our house. You bring gifts of football and apple cider and make us remember all the good times we've had in the past, jumping into leaves, carving pumpkins, taking hay rides. I love these days, Fall. It makes me remember what a perfect world it can be

But that's it. It's not like you stick around long. A few weeks for some leaves to change, a few days where we can wear jackets in the morning, tee shirts and jeans comfortably in the day, and then you're out of town, goodbye, see ya later, sucker. And you know what? Even when you're here, you're kind of moody. Cool one day, hot the next. I never know how it's going to be with you.

So I understand. You're just a little fling trying to ruin my one true relationship with summer. So I won't fall for you. Especially since you don't even change the leaves much in Wilmington, and the beach doesn't go anywhere, and I saw an amazing football game in the heat and it was still just as fun. So there.

2 comments:

Jill said...

this is really funny.

and also really depressing. because i love fall so much. i don't want to know the truth!

Allison said...

just remember who was loyal to you for over five months, and who dumped you and left you with winter.