Monday, July 19, 2010

A Truly Working Set

Julie and Leslie came to visit, and Leslie happens to be a One Tree Hill fan, and Wilmington just so happens to be the filming location of One Tree Hill. Perfect! After touring the OTH set, I wanted to show them where Karen's Cafe was filmed, inside one of the local coffee shops.

I should say now I've seen in total about 1.5 hours of OTH, and had no idea what Karen's Cafe was. All I knew was that in the door over Port City Java's kitchen, there was a sign: "Come tour a working film set from One Tree Hill!"

I assumed that this referred to the kitchen, as the sign was in the back of the store, slightly above and right of the kitchen door. So I confidently led the 4 of us into the Port City Java kitchen and asked Leslie if any of it looked familiar.

Yes, the kitchen looked like it had been used recently, but the sign clearly said: come in and tour a film set. I still believed that, until the coffee shop employees asked us why we were in their kitchen.

After we explained, he admitted, yes it was confusing, but we were definitely the first that made it all the way into the kitchen.

Here they are, inside a kitchen they are allowed to be in, although of yet, it has not appeared in any television shows.

No comments: