Monday, April 26, 2010

While in Savannah, we came across this odd statue. There was no explanation except for "The Waving Girl" written on the bottom. But as we looked in wonder at this odd piece of history, a man asked if we wanted our picture taken. Tim wasn't for it, but I figured it was probably important for some reason, and there is nothing I like more than a picture with a statue (unless it is a person in a character suit, which trumps statues every time).
Later, we found out the waving girl was someone who waved at the ships coming in and out for, like, 40 years, possibly waiting for her husband, possibly trying to find a husband. Savannah has a weird idea of the romantic.
What would you make a statue of?
I'd make a statue of me on Saint Patrick's Day in the Chicago River. Just kidding. (My Dad is learning photoshop. I have always wanted to go to Chicago on St. Patrick's Day, although, you should all know, Savannah is apparently truly to the place to be for the holiday. It's huge. It even gets its own website: http://savannahsaintpatricksday.com/)

1 comment:

Allison said...

Love the photo-shopped pictures!