Friday, April 16, 2010

For Tim's birthday, there was a surprise trip to Savannah, where I encountered 2 important people from my past. John Wesley...
(they put him up on a podium where you can't see how short he is)
...and Flannery O'Connor.
(here we are, both showing only child awkward photo posing skills. Well, really just I am, but she was an only child too.)
I was glad to see she was always a literary critic. (in case you can't read this, she wrote "not a very good book" above it.)

But the true star of Savannah is Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil. Tim and I missed out a little, because we didn't listen to the audio book until our trip back to Wilmington. But if you ever go, you should have some familiarity with the book, because it's a serious source of pride...or tourist attractions. That, and ghost tours.

No comments: