Wednesday, November 26, 2008

While I was in the bodyshop getting an estimate on my car, I casually asked the guy if he knew a good body shop. See, Tim's car isn't driving well (we think it's the transmission) and we would probably get more money selling the parts than selling the car.

John, the bodyshop employee that offered the best customer service I have ever experienced in a car place, dialed up his friend who worked at a salvage yard.

"How much for a '98' Ford Contour that might have a bad tranny?"

John looked at me, then turned his chair to face the other way.

"Could she take it anywhere else to get more?"

Then, after a long silence,

"Okay, thanks."

"How much?" I asked when his chair faced me, hoping for good news.

"100 dollars, and he'll pick it up."

100 dollars for the Ford Contour.

No comments: