Sunday, November 2, 2008

Today, in the church bulletin, it said:

There is a brief "information reception" in the Columbarium and Memorial Garden today, immediately following the service. All who wish to know more about this ministry of our church are cordially invited to join us there."

I read this as, come find out about the ministries available for this church.

What it really meant was, come learn about THIS ministry: the Columbarium and Memorial Garden.

So, Tim and I stood for about a minute, among the other people (all of whom had one foot in the grave, and I mean that in the nicest way possible) and listened to how we could have our ashes scattered in the Memorial Garden, or placed in the Columbarium.

I hope they were thinking: those folks know how to plan early.
Which was not what I was actually thinking.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This really cracks me up. I hope you were able to keep a straight face...I'm not sure I could have. :)