Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Hello There World

It feels a little self-righteous to announce my presence back in the blogger world, especially since I haven't really been gone. It's just that it's been so COLD here that I try to avoid going outside, which means my life is pretty boring. Perhaps people in Fayetteville are rolling their eyes right now, but it's snowed three whole times in Wilmington, which is exactly two too many times for my tastes.

But in the meantime, some of my finer accomplishments (because if announcing your return wasn't too self-absorbed, listing favorite accomplishments is totally normal, well-adjusted behavior):

I turned in my thesis (I feel horrible about it, if you're curious, but I still have a good month to fix things up.)

I navigated from Chapel Hill to Durham all by myself with ONLY A MAP. Both of my parents, who know my abilities and limitations, insisted I personally could fix the fuse that is causing TomTom not to charge in my car, but doing that would have required finding a car service shop to buy the fuse in Chapel Hill, which is impossible with my lacking skills of navigation. Which is why finding Duke's campus and downtown Durham is worth celebrating.

I changed two bike tubes without completely holding my breath the whole time. Sometimes when I'm working on my bike, I wonder why I'm starting to feel dizzy, only to realize I've been holding my breath. But I'm working on it. Now I only hold my breath when I'm reattaching brakes.

I've come really close to identifying all of the birds at my feeders. I wish I could show you all of the birds that come. They're eating me out of house and home, but they only love me because of my food, and I'm desperate for an animal to love me, so I'll keep providing it. Plus, they're really cute.
(which reminds me, appropriate for this blog design: http://www.ifc.com/videos/portlandia-put-a-bird-on-it.php )

Tim's team is in the super bowl! Not my accomplishment, but notable.

No comments: