Friday, February 12, 2010

In the spirit of the Olympics, a story about Canada.

In Australia, my favorite professor was a Canadian, and we got together occasionally to talk about Australian culture/literature/religion. He said that once in Canada, he had been standing on a street corner, attempting to cross the street. Although no cars were coming, the "Do Not Cross" sign was blinking, so the group of Canadians stood on their side road, obediently waiting on the light to change.

A Kiwi looked at the empty street, looked at the group of Canadians and said, "I'm from New Zealand, and I know sheep when I see them." He proceeded to safely cross the road.

Oh Canada, the country with as many people as California.
(Is this really Canada in this picture? you may ask. Well, no. It's just Canada's corner of Epcot.)

1 comment:

Callie Leonora said...

I love it. My professor at the Courtauld in London was originally from Canada, and she told us she still has trouble making herself cross the street when the don't walk sign is on. [We went on several walking trips across London, so this came up quite a few times]