Sunday, July 19, 2009

I have been silent, because I have been, in Arkansas: diamond of the South.

Actually, I've also been in Branson, for a lovely reunion with lovely girls. Yesterday, we went to Silver Dollar City, where we arrived early and had little wait to ride the rollar coaster named The Powdered Keg. All 4 of us rode in the front, 2 at a time. Heather and I were first. As we waited on the track for the rollar coaster to go up the hill, Heather noticed the camera.

"Is that a camera?" she asked in disbelief. "That's lame...why would they put a camera before a big hill? Wouldn't they want it on the way down?"

"That is lame," I agreed. And then, a thought crossed my mind. "Do you think this roller coaster has a fast start?"

As soon as I asked, the rollar coaster took off. It was, in fact, a fast-starting roller-coaster.

But we faired a little better than Olivia and my mother, neither of who saw the camera. My Mom had her hands up, waiting to go up the hill, and had her arms slung back from the fast start.

We were ready for it the next time.

No comments: