Saturday, May 23, 2009

I had a nice bowl of soup tonight, thanks to

1) Kris Allen winning American Idol, thus Tim (who thought Adam would win) owed me dinner for losing the bet and
2) The watching of the movie The Tale of Despereaux, inspired by my reading of the book, in which soup makes everything okay in the end, and
3) having to work today, which gave Tim the time to make the masterpiece, and made me fully appreciative. But really, why I wanted to mention that I worked today is to say that in the last two hours of work, we only had chocolate cupcakes. This allowed me to finish The Tale of Desperaux (although we had already watched the movie).

But hey... how about that Kris Allen? I'm turning into those people who go on and on about their brief glimpse with fame, because I was totally on the same intermural bowling team with his wife. Not that she would remember me now, but it goes to show, Arkansas is like one giant small town (no oxymoron here).

1 comment:

Allison said...

Haha...my Dad was dying to see the Tale of Desperaux....he finally rented it and made us all watch it. James ended up liking it the most,though.