Sunday, December 14, 2008

True story of an incident in a Raleigh movie theater bathroom:

I was about to go see the fabulous movie Australia, and knowing that I was getting involved with a three hour movie about something I'm passionate about, I didn't want to risk any kind of interuption, including a bathroom trip. So I found a stall, and squatted.

Of course, there was no toilet paper. But before I let this ruin my viewing experience, two older ladies (I'm not sure what was going on) went into the bathroom stall next to me. What luck, as there were a total of 4 people in the bathroom and about 20 stalls!

So, I waved my hand underneath the stall and asked for toilet paper. One lady was confused, but the other understood right away.

"Sure, just a second."

And suddenly heard giggling, then "I dropped the whole roll in the toilet! Just a second."

And sure enough, a soggy toilet paper roll appeared on the floor.

But then there was another round of laughter.

"I can't believe it, I just dropped the other roll in the toilet!"

By then, the two ladies were laughing so hard, I thought I might have been stranded. But they came through and offered me the toilet paper, one of them insisting she didn't know how she coudl drop not one but two rolls into the toilet.

Later, after the movie, I returned and found that neither stall still had any toilet paper.

1 comment:

Allison said...

We saw Australia this weekend, too! Only I didn't have such a crazy bathroom experience...